Friday, January 23, 2009

BEGINING TO HALF WAY OF THE JOURNEY

I had arrived Norway on August 20, 2008 with lots of thoughts and energy to work with Norwegian Red Cross Youth. I was very excited to work with youths of Norway and eager to learn many things from them.

As a volunteer in Nepal Red Cross Society for five years I learned many things. I had started my volunteering journey since 2004 as a Red Cross Youth president on Tri-Chandra Multiple College while I am doing undergraduate. I always remember my colleagues who had supported me during my President ship in College. I had also worked as First-Aid and Search and Rescue volunteer in Kathmandu District Chapter. I am always thankful to all who had supported me to create a path for this journey. My volunteer experience helped me a lot to be here in Norway as a Youth Delegate, which was one of my dream to be a delegate.


After 12 hours flight from Nepal and 12 hours transit we arrived in Norway. Oh!! It’s cold!! I heard a sound don’t worry it will be colder hey!! She was Vibeke who was delegate in Nepal last year. I was very happy to see her coz I couldn't able to say her Bye when she returned back to Norway after finishing her journey as Youth Delegate in Nepal. We had some memorable times when she was in Nepal.


We had been in various trainings around one month’s, which are very useful for us for being a delegate. It was the time that we all 16 delegates are together for one month and we were very sad to detach and happy to be in new place. But we all told to be in touch during our abroad stay. But I feel that we were not in touch as I thought it might be due work load. Even though, we had a communication with each other but not as I hoped.




During this time I had shared mine experience and learned lot from various activities which we had done with local youth groups. Although, Norwegian youths had many things to do but also they are very active and trying to do best and we are also helping them fo. We had very good contact with all the local youth leaders and getting very good co-operation and help from them and also from all the staffs in our office. I had learned many things during my half way of journey. Till the date I had very excellent time here in Norway so I am gratified to all for making mine journey easy and making it preeminent.

No comments: